Proper brushing is essential for cleaning teeth and gums effectively. Use a toothbrush with soft, nylon, round-ended bristles that will not scratch and irritate teeth or damage gums.
- Place bristles along the gumline at a 45-degree angle. Bristles should contact both the tooth surface and the gumline.
- Gently brush the outer tooth surfaces of 2-3 teeth using a vibrating back & forth rolling motion.
- Move brush to the next group of 2-3 teeth and repeat
- Maintain a 45-degree angle with bristles contacting the tooth surface and gumline. Gently brush using back, forth, and rolling motion along all of the inner tooth surfaces.
- Tilt brush vertically behind the front teeth. Make several up & down strokes using the front half of the brush.
- Place the brush against the biting surface of the teeth & use a gentle back & forth scrubbing motion.
- Brush the tongue from back to front to remove odor-producing bacteria.